Vision, Values and Ethos
We are very proud of our school, the quality of our teaching, the behaviour of our children and the many wonderful opportunities that we provide. In our school, both children and adults follow these Golden Rules:
- We are kind and helpful, we don’t hurt anyone’s feelings.
- We are honest, we don’t cover up the truth.
- We look after property, we don’t waste or damage things.
- We listen to people, we don’t interrupt.
- We are gentle, we don’t hurt others.
- We try to work hard, we don’t waste time.
Vision, values and ethos
Learning For Life!
Mendlesham Primary School and Mulberry promote high achievement and learning for life by working with children to:
- Develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
- Become highly motivated life-long learners
- Be flexible and adaptable for the modern world
- Have high self-esteem – respecting themselves, others and the environment
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- Gain advanced technological skills
- Seek to extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing quality in:
- A broad and challenging curriculum
- An enriching programme of extracurricular activities and visits
- A stimulating learning environment
- A rich, varied and up-to-date range of learning resources
- Innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning
- An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed
- Learning partnerships between school, home and the community
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a learning community by:
- Striving for continuous improvement in all that we do
- Working collaboratively towards common goals
To help us achieve our aims, within our philosophy of partnership with parents, we ask you to:
- Be supportive of the aims of our school, our philosophy and practice
- Contact us if you have any queries, concerns or any issues you wish to discuss
- Attend our parents' evenings and other occasions to discuss your child’s progress
- Ensure your child is punctual and attends school regularly
- Keep us fully informed of any changes of circumstances, so we can be responsive to your child’s needs
- Attend our events in school e.g. Curriculum sessions, Open Days, Harvest Festival, Special Assemblies
- Support our Friends of Mendlesham School in their activities
- Encourage and support your child’s learning in school and through our homework programme and other activities we may ask them to do at home
- Ensure your child takes care of school property